Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Photography Internship

From Top to Bottom:
1. Emily Dudash, sophomore at Regina High School from Mayfield Village hugs Caroline Tyler, freshman at Regina High School from Lyndhurst during the last day of school.  Regina High School is closing its doors because enrollment numbers have been down over the past years and cannot operate next year with low enrollment.  
2. Kids participate in the Oreo Cookie Licking Contest held by The Simon Kidgits Club at Great Lakes Mall last Saturday.  
3. Andrew Cervelli 11, on the left and Louie Pearson 6, work on a word search puzzle before the "Book Buddies" weekly summer program on Thursday at the Perry Public Library.
4. Diana Hudson Kresnye, left, holding the coffee table, works with other volunteers from the 2010 YMCA Dream House project to rearrange the great room before the entertainment system was installed.
5. Firefighters tackle a fire located at Frankie's and Dylan's Auto Repair on Twinbrook Rd. in Mentor on Saturday. 

Hello everyone, my name is Chris Langer and I am the summer photo intern at the News-Herald.  I am currently a fourth year at Rochester Institute of Technology studying to be a photojournalist.  I have one more year left before I graduate.  I grew up in Russell Township and attended West Geauga Highschool Class of 2007.  I started photography only a couple years and became interested in photojournalism as a major only recently.  This summer experience has given me the opportunity to learn what it is like to be a professional working photographer, how a daily newspaper operates and the challenges newspapers face everyday.

I started a month ago and I absolutely love photographing this community.  I have been photographing everything from breaking news all the way up to eating contests.  I have seen the aftermath of a house explosion and how it affects the community.  I get to witness daily life in various environments whether it be library reading sessions to picking fresh cherries.  It has been a great opportunity to experience other people’s lives  in the community and be able to photograph them.  As the summer progresses, I will post images from various assignments that I find interesting.

Over the next two months, Shannon (the other intern in the newsroom) and I will be teaming up together in various assignments for the rest of the summer.  We plan on giving the readers a behind-the-scenes look into what goes on here at the News-Herald and while on assignment.  I hope you continue to watch this blog as the summer continues and get to see what our experiences are like here at the News-Herald.

Pictured above was a small sampling of the work I have produced at the News-Herald.  

Chris Langer, Photo Intern
CLanger@News-Herald.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home